Monday, January 4, 2010

Poet of the Day: Richard Brautigan (1935 - 1984) **Todays special: five short but effective pieces of a mans mind

Romeo and Juliet

If you will die for me,
I will die for you
and our graves will be like two lovers washing
their clothes together
in a laundromat
If you will bring the soap
I will bring the bleach.
**************************

The Fever Monument

I walked across the park to the fever monument.
It was in the center of a glass square surrounded
by red flowers and fountains. The monument
was in the shape of a sea horse and the plaque read
We got hot and died.
***************************

Xerox Candy Bar

Ah,
you're just a copy
of all the candy bars
I've ever eaten.
**************************

-2

Everybody wants to go to bed
with everybody else, they're
lined up for blocks, so I'll
go to bed with you. They won't
miss us.
****************************

Boo, Forever

Spinning like a ghost
on the bottom of a
top,
I'm haunted by all
the space that I
will live without
you.

No comments:

Post a Comment